What's Up In The Corner: February 2023
Combating Test Anxiety
Test anxiety affects many students throughout their academic careers. With testing dates for the ISEE, SAT, and ACT approaching quickly, implementing tactics to relieve test anxiety is more important than ever. Here are our favorite tips for dealing with test anxiety. Encourage your student to try a few, if not all, of these techniques!
1. Avoid negative self-talk. Remind your student they are smart, capable, and prepared for their test!
2. Arrive at the testing site 15 minutes early. Eliminate the stress of rushing to arrive to an exam on time.
3. Reframe anxiety. A little bit of anxiety can be a good thing! Your student should view this as motivation to focus and perform their best.
4. Plan something fun as a reward after the test. Hanging out with friends, going out for a special treat, or watching a favorite movie are all great rewards for your student to look forward to after completing an exam.
5. Prepare thoroughly. If your student is properly prepared, there is no need to worry! Your student’s tutor can assist with test preparation.
MAC's Reading List
Early Elementary: Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
Late Elementary: I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen
Middle School: Out of My Mind by Sharon M. Draper
High School: They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera
February 11th: ACT
February 14th: Valentine’s Day
February 20th: Presidents’ Day - No School
Spring 2023 Bootcamps
Bootcamps consist of 6 sessions leading up to the SAT/ACT. Meeting dates and times will be tailored to your student's schedule.
In addition to college entrance test prep, MAC offers ISEE prep for students planning to enroll in private K-12 schools.
For more information or to register your student for a test prep program, please reply to this email or contact us at 817-720-6284.